Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s topic is: Books I Wish Had An Epilogue
Most, if not all of the books I’ve read had an epilogue, so this week I’m going to choose my own from a prompt that was done in the past.
Books That Are Linked to Specific Memories/Moments In Your Life:
- Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom – My favorite English teacher told me to read this book after I lost my Aunt to cancer in 9th grade. She was like a second mother to me and at the time I just couldn’t read it. Finally after a few years, I read it and couldn’t appreciate my teacher and this book even more.
- Merciless by Willow Winters – This book really cemented my love for Dark Romance.
- The Child Called It by Dave Pelzer – The book that made me realize that not all people in this world are good. Also, I read this book in high school and I was traumatized by the book for the longest time.
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding– The one and only book I truly enjoyed reading while in high school. It was also the book that got me really interested in psychology.
- Twilight by Stephenie Meyer – The book that introduced me to Paranormal Fantasy and I will forever be grateful. #TeamJacob
- Depression & Other Magic Tricks by Sabrina Benaim – This is the book I never knew I needed. This book helped me immensely with my journey with depression & anxiety.
- Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout – The only book I read in college and I’m so thankful for it. This is the book that introduced me to Jennifer L Armenetrout and reminded me that I still, to this day, like Paranormal Fantasy.
- Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James – The first erotic romance book I’ve ever had. I guess I should be somewhat grateful for this series, though I really didn’t care for it.
- After by Anna Todd – This book came out at the right time. I was in my One Direction, Harry Styles (still in this phase honestly), fanfiction and Tumblr phase. When I found this, at the time fanfiction, was in its early stages of being written. This will always be a core memory for me.
10. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han – This book came to me at the right time when I really needed it.