Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s topic is: Book Quote Freebie so I’m going to do my all time favorite book quotes!
- “I didn’t realize how much I missed your touch. You gave a man starved a feast every day until he forgot what hunger felt like, and then took it away.” RuNyx, The Finisher
- I fell helplessly into his orbit, a small, insignificant planet sucked up into his gravitational pull. – Giana Darling, Welcome to the Dark Side
- ““The first seventeen years of my life, I fasted. I kept my body clean and my spirit pure. Now, I want to feast like a glutton, spread lust on my breakfast toast, shoot violence and sip greed. And I want you to teach me, sinner man, because you’re the only man for the job,” I told him.” – Giana Darling, Welcome to the Dark Side
- “If voices could be drinks, his was a centuries-old vintage whiskey, rolling off the tongue, down the throat, leaving a trail of fire inside, making every cell in the body aware that it had been consumed. Morana closed her eyes, taking a sip of the whiskey, before suddenly realizing what she was doing. She was on the phone, at midnight, with the enemy, savoring his voice. What the hell was wrong with her?” – RuNyx,The Predator
- “In my experience, men try to talk women into opening their legs from the moment girls can walk on them. Men stand in for the Lord in this scenario. Always testing us to see if we choose right or wrong. But it’s a trick. There is no right. You’re a tease or a whore. A heartless denier or a Jezebel. Their penises are God’s divining rods, searching out evil.” – Victoria Helen Stone, Jane Doe
- “Because loving you made me sick as fuck and losing you twice has made me terminal. I don’t want to live out any ending that doesn’t include you.” – Kate Stewart, Exodus
- “Pain always reminds us that we’re alive. And the fear along with it that we want to stay that way.” – Penelope Douglas, Credence
- “He planted flowers all over my body, inside the cage of my ribs, in the fertile soil of my heart, yet he never noticed how they bloomed just for him.” – Giana Darling, Inked in Lies
- “Loving you isn’t a worse fate than death. The idea of not loving you? That’s what makes me feel like I’m dying.” ― Giana Darling, Dead Man Walking
- “The only love I’ve ever known or craved is the kind that keeps me sick, sick with longing, sick with lust, sick with need, sick with grief. The distorted kind that leaves scars and jaded hearts.” – Kate Stewart, Flock