Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday. The Top Ten Tuesday Meme was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. This week’s prompt is Unpopular Bookish Opinions. I love hearing everyones unpopular bookish opinions. Spill all the tea!
- I really enjoy controversial/problematic romance novels 🤷 🤷
- The Girl on the Train (book and movie) were awful.
- Sometimes the movie is better than the book.
- I do not feel the need to organize my books on my bookshelves by color and/or size.
- MOST classics are overrated. I do love me some Jane Austen thought, even though I HATE Historical Romance.
- Sometimes I think we care too much about what other people read. Read what you want to read, don’t read something just because it is popular.
- I actually enjoyed the Twilight saga and I would love to read it again and see if and how my opinion changes.
- I don’t like the pressure people put on themselves to read a certain number of books a year. It’s fine if you make a goal for yourself, but don’t make it a big deal if you don’t read as much as you would like. It’s not a competition. We are reading for fun, don’t turn it into something you end up hating.
- Everyone that I talk to who read The Outsiders in high school loved it. I think it is trash.
- Audiobooks are books.
Let me know if we have any in common!